- Availability: In Stock 1
Very important rules!
By purchasing the BUDS2 license you agree to the following terms:
1. Your email address registered with PayPal will be used to register your license for BUDS2.
2. One email can only be used to register one license for only one MPI.
3. One license can only be registered on 3 computers, so carefully read the minimum computer requirements (TAB Computer requirements) before registering a license to avoid useless registrations.
BUDS2 can be run on less weak computers, but each case is unique. If you are not sure, then it is better to request a test license and check if your computer is suitable for working with BUDS2.
Cases such as "death" of the computer, reinstalling Windows, formatting the hard disk and other force majeure situations do not affect the limitation on the number of BUDS2 license registrations.
If you need to have more than tree computers with BUDS2, then you will need to buy a new license for more three computers.
For licenses with a duration of 5 and 10 years, there may be exceptions to the rules, but each case will be considered separately, and only if at least 3 years have passed since the first registration.
4. If you have several MPI interfaces and already have one license registered for your PayPal email, then you need to specify the alternative real email in the "Alternative email" field.
The hardware and software of your computer are critical to ensure an optimal BUDS2 performance.
BUDS2 is heavy software. Your computer must meet the minimum requirements:
- Processor type:
-Intel: 3rd generation or later Core i5 or Core i7 processor, or
-AMD: FX or Ryzen processor
- Processor frequency:
-2 GHz or higher for dual-core processors, or
-1.5 GHz or higher for processors with four cores or more
-8GB or more
-at least 5 GB available on the C drive:
-a solid-state disk (SSD) is recommended
-resolution of at least 1366 by 768
-two USB ports available
- Operating system:
-Microsoft Windows 7 with service pack 1, 64-bit, or
-Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit
BRP recommends using the PC for BUDS2 and other BRP usages only.
Diagnostic tools from other powersport vendors, some computer security suites and some remote administration software have occasionally interfered with the correct operation of BUDS2.
Computer administrator privileges are required for BUDS2 installation.
If you use the Windows 7, then download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17851
BUDS2 is need a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable versions installed on the computer.
BUDS2 uses Microsoft Visual C++ x86 version.
Check installed versions: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features.
Install x86 versions (if missing).
For 32bits & 64bits Operating systems download and install:
1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x86) Redistributable
2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 (x86) Redistributable
3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (x86) Redistributable
4. Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x86) Redistributable Update 3 RC:
Install/update the Java: https://www.java.com/en/
Before installing BUDS2, please make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements (Computer requirements tab).
To install BUDS2, execute the installation program called "BUDS2_Setup.exe".
If you are not logged-in as Windows administrator, please run the installation program as Windows administrator. To do this, right-click on the installer and click on "Run as Administrator". If Windows opens a security warning, accept it by clicking on "Run". If you want to cancel the installation process, press the "Cancel" button or the "X" on the top right of the window at any point of the installation.
Figure 1: Running as Administrator
When the installer opens, select the installation language from the drop-down menu.
Figure 2: Language selection for installation process
Next, the install location and disk space requirements are shown. The install location cannot be changed. If the required disk space exceeds the available disk space, prepare additional disk space and re-start the installation program.
Figure 3: Information of the installation folder
Then, you can choose the folder of the Windows start menu to which you want to add a startup shortcut. By default, it is set to "BRP/BUDS2". If you do not want to create a shortcut in the start menu, select the checkbox "Do not create shortcuts". Acknowledge the configuration by selecting "Install".
In case the error message "BUDS2 already running, you have to shut down all program instances" is shown, you need to stop the currently running BUDS2 application and restart the installation program.
It is not possible to install two versions of BUDS2. Thus, in case of the warning message "BUDS2 already installed …" you need to confirm to uninstall the currently installed version of BUDS2. If you want to keep captured BUDS2 files, backup them first.
Figure 4: Shortcut in Windows start menu
Finally, BUDS2 will be installed on your computer.
Figure 5: Installation of BUDS2
After installation, an information dialog will show the outcome of the installation process. Uncheck "Run BUDS2" and click "Finish" to close this wizard.
Figure 6: Installation completed
Next, follow the instructions for registering a license.
Ver.MPI-3 Diagnostic Kit + License Megatech 10 years can be used for diagnostic of all 4-TEC/E-TEC BRP vehicles 2002-2020 and newest:
- PWC and Sport Boats SeaDoo.
- Snowmobiles Skidoo and Lynx.
- All Can Am vehicles (ATV, SSV, Roadster Spyder).
This ver.MPI-3 interface consists of MPI-3 electronic board in an another plastic enclosure. BUDS and BUDS2 define it as an MPI-3 interface.
This Diagnostic kit works with BUDS and BUDS2 (for BUDS2 you need to use an additional license).
Also, it works with DIUS4 too https://diag-systems.com/ecu_flasher/dius-flasher (opens in new TAB).
B.U.D.S. (BRP Utility and Diagnostic Software) is a comprehensive diagnostic software.
BRP BUDS ver. MPI-3 Diagnostic Kit includes:
- Ver. MPI-3 Interface (p/n 529036353) - is used for diagnosis of *all BRP vehicles 1996-2020+;
- Diagnostic Cable (p/n 710000851) - is used for connection of MPI Interface to 4-TEC/E-TEC vehicles;
- Software BUDS1 for models 1996-2016 (links for downloading);
- License Megatech 10 years for BUDS1;
- **Access to our Cloud Disk with software BUDS, Instructions, Service Manuals for BRP vehicles, etc.;
- (option) DESS 4-TEC Interface - is intended for add/erase DESS-keys on 4-TEC models SeaDoo/Skidoo;
- (option) Kit Power Interface (BRP p/n 515177223 + p/n 529035997). BRP strongly recommends the use of the Power Interface (515177223) and power supply cable (529035997) to stabilize the unit voltage when using BUDS during software updates.
- (option) ***BUDS2 license for vehicles 2017+. Choose the type and duration of the BUDS2 license to work with models 2017 and newest.
Using BRP BUDS MPI-3 Diagnostic Kit you can make the following procedures:
- Edit vehicle information;
- Test, add or remove DESS keys;
- Adjust engine parameters;
- Activate module outputs;
- Stop the engine;
- Monitor vehicle parameters;
- Troubleshoot vehicle faults;
- Replace a module;
- Update module software and/or calibration data;
- Read and reset historical data;
- Save vehicle information to disk;
- Print vehicle information.
In addition to the basic capabilities of the license "Dealer", the license "Megatech" allows you to do the following:
- Change the VIN and MODEL numbers (is useful after ECU replacing);
- View stories in hours, rather than percentage;
- Enable/disable DESS (start vehicle with any key (except Roadster Spyder);
- Change the DESS key type in two clicks (normal, learning, rental);
- Clear the ECM history (is useful after ECU replacing);
- Change Total Vehicle Hours (SeaDoo);
- View more information blocks;
- Edit injector's coefficient for E-TEC Skidoo;
- Enable/disable vehicle’s options/modules/sensors;
- Increase the power of Spark 60 hp up to 90 hp.
The differences between license levels "Dealer" and "Megatech" can be seen in the comparison table.
BUDS1 software will not be updated in the future.
All needed software (current and subsequent versions of BUDS) can be downloaded from our FTP server, access to which is available for our customers during the validity period of the purchased license.
* - For diagnostics of old 2-stroke models of SeaDoo and Skidoo (Carb., DI, RFI) is needed to use an additional units - DESS Post Interface (p/n 529036019) and DESS Adapter (p/n 529035904), which are not included in this diagnostic kit. DESS Post Interface is discontinued and is no longer available.
** - For all buyers of diagnostic kits, we provide free access to our Cloud Disk with software BUDS and Instructions, and access to our database of Service Manuals for BRP models 1996-2016 (the list of available manuals is here).
*** - There are several types of BUDS2 licenses (validity 1, 2, 5 and 10 years) you can choose to buy together with this kit:
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician SeaDoo = servicing of PWC SeaDoo MY2017+.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician Skidoo = servicing of snowmobiles Skidoo and Lynx MY2017+.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician ATV = servicing of ATV Can-Am MY2017+.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician SSV = servicing of SSV Can-Am MY2017+.
- BUDS2 Dealer Technician Roadster = servicing of tricycles Can-Am Roadster Spyder MY2017+.
- BUDS2 All Dealers Technicians Can-Am = servicing of all Can-Am vehicles (ATV + SSV + Spyder) 2017+.
- BUDS2 All Dealers Technician = servicing of all BRP vehicles (SeaDoo + Skidoo/Lynx + All Can Am) 2017+
- ****BUDS2 Mechatronic Expert = most powerful license, covers all BRP vehicles 2016/18 and after. This license is intended for advanced configuration of the vehicle's electronic modules, as well for recovering after update faults.
**** - Buyers who have chosen the BUDS2 Mechatronic Expert license for 10 years will have access to our database of Service Manuals for models 2017+ (the list of currently available manuals is here).
Prerequisite for gaining access to our database of Service Manuals: you need to register yourself in cloud disk (an invitation will be sent to your email), install one or both of the applications (Desktop or/and Android), and send me the confirmation (screenshot) of the installed APP. Only then will you be given access.
All product names, trademarks and registered trademarks listed on this website are property of their respective owners.
All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only.
Using of these names, trademarks and brands on this website does not imply their endorsement.
Diag-systems.com is a e-commerce website for sale diagnostic systems for various vehicles. We are not the official representatives of any vehicle manufacturers.