BUDS2 computer requirements
The hardware and software of your computer are critical to ensure an optimal BUDS2 performance.
For the normal functioning of BUDS2 your computer must meet the minimum requirements:
- Processor type:
-Intel: 3rd generation or later Core i5 or Core i7 processor, or
-AMD: FX or Ryzen processor
- Processor frequency:
-2 GHz or higher for dual-core processors, or
-1.5 GHz or higher for processors with four cores or more
-8GB or more
-at least 5 GB available on the C drive:
-a solid-state disk (SSD) is recommended
-resolution of at least 1366 by 768
-two USB ports available
- Operating system:
-Microsoft Windows 7 with service pack 1, 64-bit, or
-Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit
BRP recommends using the PC for BUDS2 and other BRP usages only.
Diagnostic tools from other powersport vendors, some computer security suites and some remote administration software have occasionally interfered with the correct operation of BUDS2.
Computer administrator privileges are required for BUDS2 installation.
BUDS2 can be run on less weak computers, but each case is unique.
If you use the Windows 7, then download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17851
BUDS2 is need a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable versions installed on the computer.
BUDS2 uses Microsoft Visual C++ x86 versions.
Check installed versions: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features.
Install x86 versions (if missing).
For 32bits & 64bits Operating systems download and install:
1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x86) Redistributable
2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 (x86) Redistributable
3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (x86) Redistributable
4. Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x86) Redistributable Update 3 RC:
Install/update the Java: https://www.java.com/en/
IXXAT Driver for MPI interface.
1. Disconnect the MPI interface from the computer.
2. Download and install (if it is not yet installed) the original IXXAT (VCI) driver vci_3_5_2_4268.exe :
3. Restart your computer after installation is completed (important!).
4. Connect the MPI interface to your computer.